Itchy foot

My left foot itches, It's been going on for several weeks now. I thought it was athletes foot and treated it as such but had no change. It itches on the bottom of my foot and in between 2 toes. DH and I share the same shower and he has no symptoms. The only outward sign is dead skin, no redness, or rash. Any ideas on what this is and how to treat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Health

• it sounds like eczema to me. I have it myself and it flares up in the dry, cold winters as well as in times of stress. I get it on my feet, my legs, my knees, and my hands. I itch like crazy for several days (sometimes until I bleed) and then when the itching stops my skin flakes and peels. It's really annoying and unsightly, but it you keep the area hydrated you should be able to keep it in check.

You can try Cortazone 10 cream but I find that Eucerian Calming Cream lotion works the best. At night I use Mary Kay Extra Emaulant night cream, Lansinoh pure Lanolin or even Vasoline on the dry, flakey area. Keep some white cotton socks on so as not to rub off the cream. Once spring comes around it should go away.
    andreabwdn

Answer by andreabwdn at 10:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well, the only thing I can think of is frost bite- but from my experience with that, my feet both itched and burned at the same time. It was absolutely miserable. Otherwise maybe a pinched nerve.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• This is gonna sound gross, but pee yourself in the shower, let the urine wash over your foot, even when it's better. If it is athlete's foot it'll clear up quicker by doing that.
    Anonymous

• "This is gonna sound gross, but pee yourself in the shower, let the urine wash over your foot, even when it's better. If it is athlete's foot it'll clear up quicker by doing that."

That's a Urban Myth - sorry

Anonymous

• athletes foot & urine -
    When it comes to athletes foot urine has been considered as a potential cure for the infection. This has supporters, but not amongst the medical profession. Urine contains urea, which can be found in a concentrated form in many athletes foot creams. With athletes foot urine would possibly soften the outer layers of skin, making the feet more susceptible to infection, so this would definitely suggest it being a bad idea. Whilst these creams contain urea, it doesn't necessarily mean that they contain urine. The urea used for medicinal applications is produced synthetically, contrary to popular sensationalism. So next time your athletes foot is driving you crazy and you think peeing on your foot in the shower can relieve it - think again!

Anonymous