got our 16 month old his big boy bed... and hes scared of it. HELPPPPP!!!

He has outgrown the weight capacity for the pack and play we had to have him sleep in, so we got him a twin bed. he is scared of it... he isn't climbing out but he is crying and crying and crying. we've gone in with him, we give him his sippy cup, put his blankets with him, stuffed animals, night light, close to the wall, middle of bed with blankets around him. i know he will get used to it in a few days (well i hope!!!) but right now he will only calm some with DADDY in the room... and Daddy isn't always home at bed time. How can I handle it?!?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just lie down with him. He will get used to it. And you might get a nap. :)
    Anonymous

• Try letting him get use to it by taking naps in it first for a couple of days. Let him sleep in the pack n play at night, I don't think it'll hurt for him to sleep in it for a few more days. It's just something new, and like all things new it'll take some time getting use to. Good luck!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think it is likely the openness of the new bed. Little children like the sense of security of being enclosed. It might be a good idea to look for some rails to go on the bed.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• ******We set up his pack and play and set it next to the big boy bed. Do you think that if we just do that for a few days, get him used to the large foreign thing in his room, that he will be more inclined to sleep in it?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I WOULD TRY JUST USING THE TWIN MATTRESS FOR A WHILE, IT MIGHT BE THE HEIGHT OF THE BED--I WOULD TAKE IT DOWN AND JUST LAY MATTRESS ON FLOOR UNTIL HE GETS USE TO THE MATTRESS. GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2010