It's only been a week and im exhausted! When does it get easier? I don't remember being this tired with my first one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's extra tiring with a next one, because while you're not so paranoid about everything about the newborn, you've got another child to care for, which is a lot in itself. Also we tend to "forget" unpleasant things after a while; otherwise women would never dare to want more children to go thru labor again. It will get easier, just make sure you have a lot of help with the older one to focus on not only the baby but YOU.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Well I think I just got used to it at about 4 weeks. But then he started sleeping longer by about 3 months. So hang in there - hopefully soon you'll get a block of sleep and then you'll be getting full nights of sleep! Also - can someone else take 1 feeding after the 3 or 4 week mark? DH would take the first middle of the night feeding for me on occassion so that I could get a big block of sleep. I BF, so I had to pump in order for him to do this, and then I had to pump when he woke me up for the next feeding. But it was so worth it!
    Good luck!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• The first two weeks for me were rough.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree totally with threeunder3. You have the first one to take care of, so you aren't resting as much! With my first, I was able to nap when he did, but with the 2nd, I had to stay up and entertain the toddler when the newborn was sleeping! Try and get someone to help out, even once in a while. And watch for PPD signs - I suffered with PPD for a YEAR after my 2nd because I didn't know what was going on.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i am feeling the same as you! my son is 5 days old an it is just so rough!! i want it to get easier already :(
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 2:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010