Is it annoying to you when....

You're watching a show or a movie you've never seen before and people won't stop talking? Sorry it drives absolutely bonkers when people do this. It just makes me want to turn the volume up to max.

bjw_053109

Asked by bjw_053109 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm sick of it, too! During a show, a movie, and during songs. If I'm watching tv in the living room my husband has a bad habit of coming in to see what I'm watching and blocks the view! My youngest daughter has the bad habit of telling me the end of a show or movie just when I sit down to watch it!
    What also drives me crazy is when I am in the middle of typing and someone begins talking to me....I ask them to hold on a minute and they keep talking or interrupting before I'm finished. I finally snap if I lose my train of thought and tell them to leave me the heck alone (all my kids are age 16 years and older so they understand). DH will say, "It's just CafeMom" as if it's a bad thing.
    Jeez, am I not allowed a life?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes it is so annoying. Even if I have seen it before I don't want people talking while I am trying to watch. And I don't like it when they say the dialogue with the actors either. OK they know the dialogue, but I want to hear the actors not other people saying it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• you know what drives me nuts?...when we are in the car and i hear my absolute favorite song and so i turn it UP and then hubby has something to say so he turns it down low so he can jab my ear off. why cant he wait till its done? it takes what?...2 minutes to wait?

i promise you, i never do this to him.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh americansugar I so know what you mean!! That irritates me just as much as the tv/movie thing.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• OH MY GOODNESS ! I have been fussing at the kids about this all evening !!!!! I was in my exercise room exercising while watching Dr. G and they come in and YAK YAK YAK ! Then everyone wanted to watch Hoarders and they sit down and YAK YAK YAK, I feel like I'm in a hen house with a bunch of chickens squawking !!!!!

Usually it's the husband though, he will come in and start asking questions about the show I'm watching and then gets mad because I won't tell him and I can't tell him because I don't know, I can't hear it because he's talking !
    2protectivemom

Answer by 2protectivemom at 10:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• That's why I love captions.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• YESSS!!! My kids - they are sooo noisy when i try watching something or even when am on the phone they get loud. and my youngest is constantly trying to change the channel to cartoons or turning it off on me or trying to put a movie in. and when my bf comes home he wants to watch history channel so i never ever able to watch anything- even if my bf got home i could go on our room to watch some tv and relax but NOO my kids have to come in and ask me "what u doing mama?" then 2nd kid and then 3rd & then the bf asking 'wat u watching? wat ist about , etc" & the bedroom bcmes the lvng room :(
    i think only time i be able to watch tv wit quietness and hve the remote control it be midnight when my bf passes out watching his robot chicken but ill be too tired so eithr way dsnt work out.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2010