Long distance moves...

we are moving about 900 miles away from our current location. Trying to look at different companies to rent a truck from. Has anyone used Budget truck for long distance moves? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are moving 900 miles away at the end of Jan. We will be using VANLINES. They have been the most helpful. Always answering questions. Seems like that want to help instead of trying to get the sell. I would try them since your looking around.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh, yea and not to mention they are like 200 bucks cheaper than a self move. The price includes gas,insurance, and driver fee.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• If you don't mind me asking...how much are you paying?!
    Anonymous

• $984. We are moving from NY to NC at the end of Jan. That cost covers everything. The best part is you put a deposit of 350 down (it comes off the total) when the people show up at your house you pay them half of whats left and when they show up at your new house you pay them the rest. That way you dont have to come up with all the money at once. You can pay them the all of it at once of course.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• armywife.....are you out of the military then?
    I liked the last moving company that the military used to move us with....it might have been VanLines, but I'm not sure.....and they were AWESOME!!!
    The packers sucked...they saw 3 ants on a windowsill and walked out without starting. Said they won't come back until the place had been fumigated. I was PO'd because the truck was due the next day to load up. Maintenance heard my plight and came right out....ONLY 3 darn ants!!! I called the packers and they said they could reschedule the following week. We called the moving company and they said not to worry. They showed up the next day with extra people, did ALL the packing themselves and loaded the truck the same day. They even delivered 2 days later (we usually wait 2 weeks for our goods) and unloaded everything. They didn't leave until everything was in the correct room and the big furniture was put together and set up! (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• (con't)
    You aren't supposed to, be we tipped them generoulsy because they took all this extra work upon themselves to make us happy and satisfied customers when we were only military!
    Of course, we kept them fed, full of coffee, and whatever cold beverages they wanted. Happy movers make for quick, efficient, and thoughtful movers.

I wish you the best in your move!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010