My son (11weeks old) has red pimple-like bumps all around his mouth, what is this and how do I get rid of it?

I'm breastfeeding and I wash his face with a wet cloth and dry it after I feed him.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's baby acne...it lasts a few weeks and it goes away. Don't put any creams on it or scrub it hard, just keep it clean and dry. It could just be irritation from the moisture around the breast.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'd call my dr but also contact the Le Leche League. They are probably in your phone book, online or there might be a CM group

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster.

I found that some pure aloe was soothing and helped the healing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• just initiation from his saliva try to clean his mouth and breast before and after each feeding.
    Anonymous

• *irritation* :D
    Anonymous

• that is what i was thinking, irritation from saliva. My daughter will be 2 in 2 days and she has some around her mouth and never had it before. But i am pretty certain that because it is winter and our skin is generally dryer this time of year and she is getting the last of her teeth and has been drooling that that is what it is from.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2010