Should I work on Baby # 4 ???????

me and my husband have three children ages 10 months, 2 years, and 6 years. we have been in a depth discussion about wether or not to have another child, and he says its totaly up to me but thats where i have the problem, my body tells me that im ready but my heart tells me to wait another year or so??? im so confused about this that i just dont know what do do now!! HELP!!! please any advise would be helpful, thanks and have a wonderful day.

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait a couple of years. You have one kid that can do alot for themselves than you have 2 little ones. I would wait about 2 years and than have another, that way you don't overwhelm yourself with all the little kiddies. Your 2 youngest ones will be more dependent.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Only you know what you can handle. If you did get pregnant right now, then that would mean you would have 3 that are 3 and under. Is this something that you could handle? I know some women could do it just fine, but others may not. The decision is up to you, but if I was making the decision, I would personally wait at least another 6 months and then come back and evaluate, what is best for your and your family.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I'd let the baby be the baby for a little while longer...I don't think it's fair to take that away from him/her so soon.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Because your youngest on is only 10 mon old, medically speaking, I would wait until he/she turns 2. It takes a while for your body to completely recover from the previous pregnancy. My OB-GYN explained this to me when I found out that I was pregnant when my first child was 7 months old. Even though, you are "back to normal" after the baby turns 6 weeks old, does not mean that your body is completely healed. I had a lot of complications as a result of having the children to close together & having twins in the second pregnancy exasperated the complications that much more. You also have to look at the "hormonal" - "emotional" connection after having a baby, & watching them grow. After each on of my kids (i have 6) shortly before they turned 1, i wanted more, even though we decided on stopping at 6 kids. After the last one turned 2, my hormones and body was back to before pregnancy state, and I knew I do not want any more kids.
    mom-5girls1boy

Answer by mom-5girls1boy at 7:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Your body is only doing what nature is telling it to do. Listen to your heart! :) You will KNOW when it is time.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010