I had a baby like 8 months ago and i was told i have a hernia can you get those from pushing alot during labor cuz i pushed for about an 1 hour

Beautifulone661

Asked by Beautifulone661 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Health

• Yes, you can get those from pushing. I would think that it would have shown up before now. You can also get them from picking up something heavy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• My friend had a hernia and her doc said its caused by the expansion of the uterus during pregnancy. The bigger the baby the more common.
    Anonymous

• well i got really big with my lil girl my stomach was hanging like at 8 months i pushed for about an hour and at the end of my pregnancy i was 182 like seriously and my pre pregnancy was 120 so i did stretch alot with her..
    Beautifulone661

Answer by Beautifulone661 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• What happens is that the ab muscle weakens and it can allow the intestine to push through between the weakened, stretched out muscle. The only way to correct it is via surgery. I had a hernia with my dt and they couldn't repair it while they did the c-section so I had to wait until they has to preform an operation on my cervix(I had pre-cancerous cells) and had to replace my iud, so that was 3 months later. But all is well 3.5 years later!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• did your stomach go down after that..
    Beautifulone661

Answer by Beautifulone661 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2010