Do you pick your children's names after the meaning or if you just like how the name sounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My sons name is JACK. Im not sure what it means. We picked it because its a good strong sounding name.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Jack means Gift from God.
    Anonymous

• We've chosen names that we like the sound of, but also like the meaning. We also like to make sure the meanings of the first and middle names mesh well.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• If Bertha meant enlightened soul would you choose it?

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Oh, wow. Im really glad we picked it. He really is.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• We picked a couple just because we like them, others because they are family names. All of our kids (and names we hope to use) have at least one family name. Our oldest is Harrison James. We just liked Harrison, James is DH's middle name. Our second is Andrew Warren, Andrew is my brother and DH's brother's middle names, Warren is my fil's middle name. Our daughter is Mary Catherine (Kate) and that is my grandmother's name.
    Anonymous

• Bertha means "Bright, Famous."
    Anonymous

• I picked my daughters name, well kinda came up with it because it sounded pretty and I wanted her to have something unique but not totally off the wall. I have always liked the name lauren but I know a few, so I came up with Allura. I am very happy with the choice and so was hubby with no argument.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• A little of both and a few other factors. Mason Owen, Arianna Elisabeth, Noah Oscar and Isabell Emilelynn. I absolutely love my kids names!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Someone might pick Bertha because it's a family name, or Lord forbid, they LIKE how it sounds!
    Anonymous