how many days after you have your period are you fertile?

how long is it best to wait in order to try to conceive a baby? im just wondering. and what are the bodie's way of letting us know when were fertile? jw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ovulation is usually 14 days after the first day of your period.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Sometimes a good egg is ovulated durring or right after a period, but usually 15 days after. Every woman and every woman's body is different!!!! You have to try and see. You may get an uncomfortable crampy feeling around your pelvic bone area to high up in the thigh when ovulation occurs, on either side. Good Luck and hope you get your db soon!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I think it depends on your cycle length i.e. 28 or 26 days. Every woman is different but I use an ovulation predictor to know when not to get pregnant because I can't tolerate any of the birth control that is out currently. My ovulation cycle begins 5 days after my cycle ends (9 days after my first day) and peaks 3 days later. Maybe Google ovulation calendars, I use cyclespage.com.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You ovulate aprox. 14 days after the first day of your period. Although it can vary slightly with each woman. The 14th day is the most common day.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 4:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If you aren't on a 28 day cycle you should know that you actually ovulated 14 days before your next period. So If you are 35 days then try on the 20-21st day. Also it is fine to try every 2-3 days all month long. You don't want to try every day. Give your man time to work up some superior sperm.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• It is not 14 days for everyone!! It all depends on how long your cycle is! Listen to the previous poster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2010