when do you know when it is a good time to have another baby???

I want another baby... is now the right time. How do you know? My son is 2 and a half I want to give him a sibling.

Crystal321

Asked by Crystal321 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know right I have a 2 and a half year old and I felt it was time we're due in June. I guess when you feel it's right for you and the first one.
    leicthweis8003

Answer by leicthweis8003 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Honestly, as soon as I found out I was pregnant it was a good time to have a baby! The only one I planned was the one where all kinds of disasters happened! I even broke my foot and lost my job! Just go for it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• If you think it is time, it is probably time. Although your partner needs to be on board as well. By my son's first birthday I was ready to have another child. My husband was not though. I waited patiently and a year later he was ready to make baby number two. My son was two years old when I got pregnant, so there are two years and nine months between my children. I think it's a great age gap for us.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• As soon as you forget the labor and sleepless nights..2 years should do it.
    Anonymous

• Anon11.42: I still have not forgot all that. My son turns 4 years in May. lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• :42 that was hilarious. my son is three and i am hoping to forget before i have another! i really want to hold and bf a baby, just ot sure if our time is right.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I was VERY lucky! My dd was always such a good baby (and at 20 mos is still a very good girl!). I had a quick, smooth natural delivery and actually look forward to doing it again!
    So yeah, I'm 38 weeks and my kids will be 20-21 mos apart :-D
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• for me it's when i'm very healthy and financially set- so no real time frame that could be 6 months from now or 5 years. it all depends.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 5:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010