How did she legally do that?

My MIL, took MY son (6 months) to get a paternity test to see if he was her sons! I was outraged! Isn't that illegal anyway!?! My husband never asked for one, he has made it clear and trusts me. In the beginning of our relationships after moving together I slapped him, he told his mom that, since then she's never liked me. The reason I slapped him? Upon finding out he'd cheated on me. Sometimes I want to kick down her door and tell her everything her son did to me, BOTH sides of the story. He will never admit to cheating though to her because he says "it wouldn't help anything by admitting he cheated". Whatever. The point is now she took our son to get a paternity test, the test of course proved him as father, but still. When confronted by her son, she told him she was "sorry if it made me feel bad"..why couldn't she just tell me that herself? I have chosen to be civil for our kids sake but seriously sometimes it's to much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be peeved! I cannot believe that the clinic allowed your MIL to do a paternity test without your knowledge. I would call and complain.
    Anonymous

• My husband is a police officer and he told me to tell you to call the cops right now. That is custodial interference. Have her arrested that is absurd behavior. She would be lucky if I didn't kill her if I was in your shoes. Call the police right now!!!!!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Nobody outside of the custodial parents have any right to perform any test or procedure on a child. She lied when she had it done, and she broke the law taking him and doing it without your knowledge or your husbands knowledge. Being nice and fair is out the window in this she needs a wake up call. Have her arrested.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Yeah, she does look young for her age, so I don't know what lie she used. But I know for a fact my husband was out of town and she'd been bugging me to let her watch the baby, so I let her. Didn't know she was gonna do that though..Thanks for your opinions!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would not under any circumstances let her around my son again. Not to mention that your husband sounds like a bit of a jackass as well.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• She could not have taken him without dad there to give permission when he gave his dna sample so Dad took him not her. He could have given written permission but still he had to give a sample which automatically shows permission.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie. That is a huge betrayal on your husbands part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i would sue her over the custodial interference. i wouldn't care what my husband said and if he even opened his mouth about it i would leave him. he should stand up for you NO MATTER WHAT! even if it's against his mother, she did something wrong and cruel. she should pay.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Wow! your MIL needs help and needs to be slapped herself. Lots of mom's protect their little boys till they die. My ex abused my me and my daughter and cheated on me during our entire marriage. His mom still blames me. When police were called and investigated him and them for abuse towards my daughter... she blamed me because I was "trying to embarass them"...um no I was protecting my daughter... MIL are beasts... and I am glad I don't have one anymore!
    mmbyme

Answer by mmbyme at 12:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree, I beleive that your husband knew about her taking him all along, don't forget that's his mom and blood is thicker than water wife or not. If he has the nerve to cheat, then he has the nerve to pull a skeezy move like that too. MIL's are the worst!! My husband will be 39yrs old and when mommy says something he jumps and if I say anything at all I'm in the wrong everytime. Never ever trust when your MIL and husband get together and start plotting and planning stuff, it cannot be trusted!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2010