So there are a lot of questions on why women are so mean, insensitive, etc, tonight. What has happened over the past 20 years that we've lost all courtesy and respect? We make people earn it and challenge everyone and act a fool doing it. So I ask, why?

I agree, common courtesy has all but vanished from women to women, men to women, people are nasty to their kids and people are nasty to the elderly and there's road rage. What is the deal? Are we so stressed we've forgotten how to behave or were we never taught? Either way, we need to change it. If one person does something nice, the next will and then the next and hopefully the next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ive thought this myself. I think in general we have been brought up in a society where ego rules. Everyone is out to fuel their insatiable egos, which means destroying anything in its path. With so much technology I also believe we have lost the "human factor" its too easy to think of people on cm as a screen name and not as another person.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 2:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I honestly have lost most of my faith in the human race. I guess I am bitter and jaded but because my husband is a police officer i get to hear about the damaged human race first hand. Many things that don't make the news and many things people don't really think about too often. It is sad. Not to mention how many police officers we had killed this year. People seem to only care about themselves. "This is their world and we just live in it". I am a cautious person, but always nice until given a reason not to be. I was raised well. I hope to pass the same love, compassion and respect on to my daughter.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• so much for the fairer sex yeah? Agreed more so tonight beginning to rethink being on cafemom....
    Anonymous

• It's sad. I think a lot of has to do with the way people are brought up, music influence, etc.
    Anonymous

• I agree. People are nuts these days.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I agree!! I'm a Military wife and you would be hard pressed to find other Military wives being supportive and uplifting to other women. In a community where where it should be the norm. I belong to to a non-military moms group and it's the same non- supportive women it's really sad.

Anonymous

• Music and Movies do not influence me or my kids what so ever. Secondly, i am nice to people but there are some who are just stupid and rude to me
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 11:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• I have met so many helpful people on CM, people who went out of their way to tell me how they solved such and such problem. If I ask a question and I get a few rude remarks I really try not to let it get to me. Some of the people on here are just bored and come on for the purpose of stirring sh*t. So don't let them get to you, or you'll be jaded too.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2010

• Phew! I was born before the 20 year cut off date.....I'm still sweet and respectful....see!

simple smile

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Why ask why? Try Bud Dry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2010