DUE DATE RIGHT? OR CONCEPTION WRONG?

I had sex in end of MARCH, went to have blood work done in APRIL (near end) and came back negative for pregnancy, I also took multiple tests and they all came back negative. Then I finally got my period in APRIL (around the 25th) and stopped in MAY (around the 3rd). I then had sex around MAY 13th let's say...(can't exactly remember when, so bare with me). The doctor said I'm due January 29th, 2010 and conceived in MAY. But may to january isn't even 9 months!!! I'm trying to get this all straightened out so I can ease my boyfriend's mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did you just ask this a few days ago? that's just the way doctor's estimate due dates. they go 9 months from your last period. just don't get induced and you won't have to worry about it at all. i conceived in the beginning of october and my EDD is the end of june, 8.5 months after conception. that is just the way pregnancy is dated in medical lingo. you are only pregnant for 9 calendar months if you go to 42 weeks, which is somewhat normal. it sounds like you might have ovulated a little later than average which means that a more accurate due date would probably be about a week later but like i said doctors just estimate it based on last period, and as long as you don't get induced you don't have to worry about it at all. just refuse induction until mid-feb and you are fine =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Its just an estimation they dont know a 100%. Its a very good possibility that the date is wrong. For all you know when Jan 29th rolls around they will change your due date. Mine was changed twice before the end.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• same goes for me.. i went to the health dept december 29th where they told me i was 7 weeks but when i go online and type in when i had my last period it says im due august 24th so confusing..
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• They changed my due date too. They don't know exactly when you conceived and they go by your ovulation date.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Your doctor is probably counting from that first day of your last period: April 25th.

I went to a due date calculator and got the exact same dating as your doctor.

Is your fundal height measuring about 36 centimeters?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2010