I had a friend who always

made it clear that she thought she was better than everyone. Just recently, we stopped talking without ever an "Official" reason for it, but on Facebook, she put her status as "The quality of your life depends on the quality of people in it." Did she cut me off because she thinks she is better than me? What a bitch! She works and I am a stay at home mom. She is in college right now, but isn't even finished. I just can't even believe that she cut me off, because she doesn't think I'm a quality person! Do you have a friend like this? She was always talking about how much money she makes (exaggerating) and saying she was looking at a high that I KNOW is WAAAYY out of her price range. She grew up in a trailor and so it's like she's trying really hard to convince herself and everyone else that she is so damn high and mighty. I'm not going to call her. She knows my number, I just consider her no longer my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well clearly she feels a need to bolster herself due to her lack of confidence. Acting out on her part, isn't going to make it more "so." Sounds like it's all for show and deep down it could be her trailer park home makes her feel ashamed (not that she needs to) so she's overcompensating. To your question, you don't need a friend like that and the blurb she puts on her facebook page needs to be taken w/ a grain of salt. People quote Ghandi, Mother Theresa and the like. I think it makes them feel more important that they've googled quotes from famous people! Forget about it!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You're better off without her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would say that you will be better off without her. Her facebook status was very true and now your life will be of better quality for having her out of it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• *looking at a house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Nope she is not better than you! Nope she is not a bitch. Nope I don't have a friend like this. If someone actually thinks they are better than me who cares? I find my fulfillment through positive acts. So try to see this as a positive thing, who needs enemies with friends like this?
    Take this as a sign to move on to a better place. You really are in a place that is better without people whom judge you. It is a new year and a new beginning keep looking for the balance in your life and you will be okay.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Why would you want to be friends with someone like this? I'd say good riddance....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Agreed.....good riddance to bad rubbish. No need for drama or hard feelings or the like, just hold your head up and walk right on down the path of your life. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• People will come and go in your life, even friends. Don't take what she states on an internet site to heart, just let it go. You will meet other people and make friends with them, but remember that some will disconnect while some will remain in your life. If you are truly blessed, you will find that one true friend who will stick by you for the rest fo your life.
    I wish you well in your journey. Don't let these little roadblocks distress you and keep you from enjoying life.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2010