I have a hernia in my belly button and its painful. Is there anything that I can put on to keep pressure on it without harming the baby any ideas are welcome.

When I hold pressure against it with my hands the pain subsides a little but cant walk around holding my belly all the time.
I am 26 or 27 weeks and any suggestions will be ran by my OB first.

missykay10

Asked by missykay10 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• a maternity support belt!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Maybe one of those belly belts pregnant woman wear. I believe the baby is already in a pressurized container and any pressure you put on your stomach will only disperse to your other organs..I don't think its harmful..but of course ask your doc.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• you can tape it too, or a support belt, but those support belts are not comfortable. they made me wear one for a long time and it put a lot more pressure on my back and belly than i could stand.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• ou can put osme pressure on it. you culd use a ace bandage or medical tape GL
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2010