Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone have this pain?????

I have cysts, but i think they have gotten worse, now when i have sex i get a shooting pain up my sides they are so bad that i almost cry. my doc prescribed 800mg IB PROfen, and i have to take it when i feel pain but it doesnt seem to be helping, tomorrow im making an appt with her...anyone else with this??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

Answers (6)
  • I had really bad pain when I bent over. I went and got an ultra sound and found out I had a ton of cysts. I wasnt sexually active at the time but they put me on birth control and it got rid of them because of the extra hormones. Maybe when you have sex, it is putting pressure on your cysts. I would ask about the birth control or extra hormone pills if you are already on BC. It worked right away for me and I havent had a problem since.

    Answer by LilMamaC08 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • they HAVE to give something better for the pain if you ask for it. so just ask. tell them about your pain and tell them to do something before this gets worse and land in the hospital.

    Answer by angevil53 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • No really, they do not HAVE to give anything better for the pain if a person asks for it. If that were the case every drug seeker in the world would be lining up to go to the doctor/ER demanding something stronger than narcotics. In OP's case, if the NSAIDS are not working, she could be encouraged to take something like Naprosyn to build up a level and possibly get a narcotic to help with breakthrough pain. I've never heard any doctor say they HAVE to prescribe strong pain meds if someone asks for it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • They do not have to give stronger medications but they should be able to give you more options to help you. If the cysts have gotten worse, they can do surgery to remove them. I would make it very clear how you are feeling even if you are embarassed to say when and where. I have never had these but a good friend of mine had surgery to remove hers and has had no problems since. Hope you get some relief soon!

    Answer by khedy at 10:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I have ovarian cysts, and am 34. 3 months ago, I went to gyno for help and was told that no doctor would touch me for surgery at age 34, even though I've had a tubal, and do not plan on having anymore kids. I didn't ask for a hysterectomy, just to remove the seemingly tons of grape sized cysts on my ovaries. She wanted me to take Yaz, even though I am in the risk factor to NOT take it. So I don't know, some doctors are quacks. If your doctor doesn't help you the way you need help, get a second opinion. Have them do another CT or ultrasound to see if they've grown. The pain is pretty unbearable.

    Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • thank you ladies.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.