HELP ME!!!

My dh and I both really want to lose weight. We are both going to start excersing but, i need help with the dieting part! I like food A LOT and i am a very hungary girl lol so i need some recipes for dinner and lunch that are low in calories that taste decent and have decent portion....I feel like i have spent ALL day on google but, I am having a hard time so help me out! Oh and i have a $200.00 budget for food for two weeks three people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• try prepackaged meals using coupons. just one meal a day for two adults would be around 2-3 bucks per meal. maybe cheaper if you get some buy one get one free. just watch what you buy because you want it to fit into the healthy part. or you can get bags of stirfry or plain veggies and add lean chicken meat and a serving of low-fat alfredo sauce to it. the bags cost about 3 bucks and feed all three and the chicken is about a dollar or so per serving and you can do this a couple times a week and use up all the alfredo sauce on it. don't add pasta so there's no carbs in this one meal and it's good for you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Your family needs a pantry makeover. There are three of us, plus the occasional extra teen, and we spend $60-80 a week on groceries.
    When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.I would start with simple changes
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits & vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day
    Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat & dairy
    I have lots of healthy,tasty,family/budget friendly recipes.contact me if you would like some

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2010