what is wrong with my baby? I dont know what to do..

My daughter will be 3 months on January 5th ( this Tuesday).. she did drink 4 ounces of formula every four hours.. but now that shes older and getting bigger, it seems like its not filling her up anymore, and wants more.. She just got over being sick with the stomach virus cause she wouldnt keep anything down at all, formula, water, nor pedalyte.. so we took her to the doctor and it was the stomach virus.. but shes been over the sickness for a couple of weeks now.. and so since the four o0unces isnt filling her up anymore,, we uped her formula to 6 0z ever 4 hours or somethimes she'll go a little longer than 4 hours cause it fills her up and usually is still fulll.. but anyways,, but now when we give her a bottle she ends up spitting most of it back up ( i mean spewing it back up) so we thought maybe 6oz is still a little too much for her,,, so we went back to trying 4oz again.. and shes doing the same thing spitting most of

bestmomtobeever

Asked by bestmomtobeever at 1:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We had to switch formula my daughter had to end up using the sensitive because just one day she couldn't tolerate it anymore it was really weird but we switched her to the sensitive and she was fine. But upping it seems like the best thing to do and just let her drink her bottle until she starts to kinda slow down and just barely suck on it then you will know she is full but still drinking because of the sucking/pacifying i guess you could call it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would try feeding her less formula more often try doing 3 oz every 2 hours and see how the spitting goes!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I remember hearing something that babies sometimes become temporarily unable to digest milk ( lactose) after a stomach virus sometimes, but that eventually they are fine. Not sure if any of that is true so maybe do a google search or ask your pedi.

Might be worth trying a non milk based forumula for a few weeks.....I dunno. I breastfeed so I am not hip on all the formulas.

Good luck. Just thought I would share the first thing with you because it sounded familiar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2010