• In the Spotlight:

When should i start potty training my son? he is 15 months nw.

I dnt kno wen the right time will be to start potty training my son, & dnt kno how to.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anywhere from age 2 1/2 to 3 years is normal for boys. Some boys do it earlier but it is normal for them not to. I don't suggest using pull ups,(during the day) they are just another diaper! When he is ready use underwear during the day and a pull up or diaper at night until he is completely pottty trained. BUT don't give him anything to drink 1-2 hours before he goes to bed and make him use the restroom BEFORE he goes to bed. The main thing is to stick with it! When you get lazy with it they do too.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would follow his cues. Both my kids were potty trained by 1yr. I have a boy and girl. My son wouldnt pee standing up until about 3 though. Both my kids just didnt like diapers and wanted them off. So i got a lil potty chair and within a month of practice and messes, they got it. Every child is different though.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Wait until he is three years old, then from start to finish will be a short time. Or start now and still be doing it when he turns three.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• EVERY CHILD IS DIFFERENT! Follow their cues. I am sorry but a 3 year old still in a diaper is just crazy to me. My brother and I were both trained by 18 months. Follow your little ones cues. My recommondation is to start trying at 18 months and I highly doubt that it will take a year and a half for him to be potty trained.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I was potty trained by 18 mos and my LO will be starting in the next few weeks, when I have back to back days off. I have to actually make our training pants because she is in a size 2 diaper and they don't make them that small. I bought the book "Potty Train in Less than a Day". It is the same technique that my mom used on my sister and I and it worked like a charm. I can't stand seeing children in diaper beyond the age of 2. They didn't wait until kids were 3 when we didn't have disposable diapers, so what is the difference today. I feel that it is mostly lazy parents who don't want to have to deal with messes and kids just want the easy way out. Start whenever you feel that your child is ready. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010