Do you think....??

Do you think it's possible for moody parents to have moody children and parents who are easy going to have easy going children?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 2:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• i don't think so i have a friend who has the moodiest mother and my friend is the happiest and most easy going person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think it's possibly to have moody parents and moody kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I say that simply because kids know when they're parents are stressed.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think it is very possible. Generally kids to tend to act like their parents.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think behaviour like that is learned, not inherited, but either way ya I think it's possible....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I know that when I'm moody around my dd she knows it and she's crabby to...when mama's not happy nobody's happy...[thankfully that's not all the time, but when it happens both of us girls are crabby] I try to be as easy-going as possible so that the house is peaceful hehe
    I agree with SaraP1989 kids totally know when their parents are stressed
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 3:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am tempermental, while my hubby is even tempered. We seem to have two like me, and two like him! Us tempermentals are really trying to work on self control...especially me!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• temperment is herditiery, so yes. It can also be influced by upbring. So that can effect it too. My duaghter is very easy going, like me. But also very outgoing like my husband.

My brothers and I, well I can see different pieces of both our parents and grandparents in us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• my son is the spitting image of me...we look alike and act alike.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think it is highly possible, but I also think the oposite is possible...you get what ya get.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2010