can you not ovulate a month?

So I didnt have a period in december and it looks like i might be ovulating now is it possible to miss a month of ovulation and not be preggers?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 3:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Many things can cause you to miss a period, not just pregnancy. By this point, you would be able to find out through a pregnancy test if you are pregnant or not. I suggest taking a test to find out for sure.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• usually even if you don't ovulate you will still have a period. Your uterus will build up the lining in preparation so it won't know if your ovaries release an egg later or not. That is one of the reasons that TTC can take such a long time. As the PP said there are lots of reasons to miss a period but if it is not something that has happened to you then it is less likely. Also has your lifestyle changed? Loss of weight, gain of weigh, health problems, stress, sleep issues etc? I would take a HPT and if it is negative I would make an appointment to see a doctor so they can figure out what is going on. Good luck and congrats if you are pregnant.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• it is i believe i have my period every month but i dont ovalate every month i had to take clomid for two of my preg so i believe it is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010