Am I being a bad girlfriend?

I'm realizing that I'm starting to call my boyfriend out on a lot of the mistakes he makes when it comes to our relationship. An example would be hanging out alone with another girl. Or how it kind of hurts when he plays a video game instead if spending time with me or the fact that he was leading a girl on for a while and now he's telling her about me. I'm calling him out on these kinds of things and I noticed its changing. But I feel guilty. I dont want to drive him away or be controlling. But I was left with a child in my last relationship and I feel like my trust issues are coming out in this new relationship. I love him dearly and I tell him I trust him, but the fact is... I'm not sure if I do, and I dont want to take anything out on him, he doesnt deserve it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Honey trust is earned and if he is doing things that don't build trust you are right to think they way you are. Don't feel guilty for protecting yourself and your kid.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Not everyone is worthy of your trust, and it sounds very much like this guy isn't. Just remember, if you have to work to keep him, he probably isn't worth keeping, so it may be best to let him go now. Then you can wait for a guy who wants to be married and have a family and not one who only wants to satisfy his urges. Sounds like the guy you are currently seeing is of the second variety. Just tell him he is not what you are looking for in a man and be done with the heartache.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• It sounds like this just may not be the right man for you. Get back out in the dating pool; when you find your b'shert (your destined one), you will know.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• This guy sounds like a jerk, what are u thinking? He hung out alone with another girl! You can do better than that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• The fact that you have to call him out on these things shows he has little respect for the relationship that you put a lot of stock into. Maybe you should reaccess what you have. Being a bf, maybe he considers himself a single man who can do these things without a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would not be with someone I felt I needed to change. He sounds like a loser and a cheater but hey if your into that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Leading another girl on and talking to her about you is not a mistake. Raise your standards. This guy is a loser and a waste of time. Let him go. I would rather be entirely alone that with someone like him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Driving him away? I'd say drive him off a cliff~!
    Anonymous