Fussy sleep

Can the arrangement of the room and being in a crib cause a 19 month old to be more fussy at night than ever before? We are planning on converting my DD's crib into the toddler bed, but I also wonder if the way her room is set up can cause anxiety as well?

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 6:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think she is just a weirdo and might feel shut in the way her room is now and with the crib rails, I am hate being closed in maybe she is like me. I guess we will see this week after we redo her room. Thanks everybody.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• it depends on the child. If they are not used to change, it can be hard on them. Also, the basic transition can be hard since there is more freedom in a toddler bed which mines you may be putting her back to bed more often. But I don't put much trust into the fung-sway thingy or however you spell it. If your child is fussy now, consider whether she is sick, if something in the room might be scaring her (such as noises, or shadows from the window), if she's not taking naps it could make for a bad night sleep (being overtried can affect sleep habbits), or any number of other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Try to arrange her bed. The headboard should be placed against a solid wall and not a window. The foot side should not be facing the door.
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 3:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010