What's the worst book you've ever read?

have to think on this one a bit

BC6

Asked by BC6 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I don't remember the titles because their so bad! lol.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I did finish a book yesterday and all throughout it I'm thinking of a simple solution to everyones problems and the author never reaches it. I think those little things that are overlooked really draw away from the characters and make them look stupid. The Book is Wild Rose by Hannah Howell. Its not all together bad. But certainly one of the worst.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• A tale of two Cities. I had to read it for senior honors english it was the worst book ever the whole class bought cliff notes it was so bad and we even told our teacher we bought cliff notes. It was sooooooooo boring and didn't make any real sense.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well, there have been several books that I have started and just had to stop reading because they were so bad, but I can't remember their names...I tend to remember the titles of the good books I've read...lol.
    I do remember being disappointed in the ending of "The Mist" by Stephen King, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think a harder question to answer is what is the best book you have ever read. I would really have to think long and hard on that one.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown...the only book I've ever returned.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• quite a few....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think the worst book I ever read was She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. It wasn't really bad writing, per se, it was just that the plot seemed really stupid, and there were scenes in it that I felt were just totally unnecessary and even some were kind of gross. I regretted spending the money on that, and it was a used book, so I got it really cheap!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am surprised that I see A Tale of Two Cities and She's Come Undone on this list of worst books...and The Di Vinci Code. I liked all of those books. Admitidly, She's Come Undone was a tough read but worth it in the end. On my list are The Book of Ruth, it was an Oprah book club book and so sad and dry from start to finish. I also HATED Animal Farm...forced high school reading. It was just not my cup of tea. I just finished The Kite Runner. It was good, but brace yourself if you're going to read it. There are parts that are horrible.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2010