TRYING TO QUIT SMOKING?

was this a new years resolution? of not....stil....good for you!!!! I only had one new years night, one jan. 2nd...and NONE yesterday. I plan on having NONE today. I'm not gonna kill for a smoke, but I am a bit moody randomly throughout the day now...but i'm not craving all that much! when I went all day without one and had one at night, I wasnt digging and enjoying the cigarette like I usually do! So this was a good sign for me that my body and mind are ready to quit. GOOD LUCK MAMAS!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• Drink more water and add more or start exercising it will help get the hormones that cause craving out of your system faster and help with the weight gain from quitting. Good luck
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• thanks! yes...I fear weight gain. Substituting a cig for something sweet might become a bad habit lol. I was so proud of my job on the bedroom yesterday. I realized how much time I wasted smoking outside during my son's nap. I could have been cleaning much needed rooms like our bedroom! I think focusing on that, or getting back into my sewing will keep me busy no problem. and once the weather gets warmer I'll replace smoking with hula hooping
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes drink lots of water and start walking or working out. It cleanses all those cravings out and makes you feel better. worked for me! Sounds like you are on your way. Stay away from smokers!!! Instead go get a glass of water.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• SO smokes a lot, as does our roommate. But SO agreed to NOT leave me any smokes today, nor has he tempted me "ya wanna have a smoke?" when ds is laying down. I'm happy he realized I am serious about quitting! ok thanks ladies! water and exercise....I can handle that!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• its gonna be really hard for you since others are doing it in front of you...hopefully they are doing it outside. I quit cold turkey in august..so did my hubby. You just have to be strong and every time you feel yourself giving in tell yourself that you are better than that and you are not going to give in! Good luck!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• the way i looked at was i wa letting cigs control my mind..i had to be strong and have the power to beat it..i didnt want to be the loser
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2010