at my wits end..

my neighbors husband has been home on leave for the last 2 weeks. he has done some real creepy things since...they think were watching them.they are hiding there car.going out and leaving every light off in the house(very dangerous)its obvious cause the back yard is pitch black.they have all the neighbors down the street watching us.my dh could not believe this till he saw it first hand yesterday.my therapist does not want to talk about it.but my main concern is my daughter.she is 10 and really picking up whats going on.she sees it and wonders why the other kids wont play with her.my dh talked to one of the parents and they said nothing is wrong.meanwhile i feel so alienated that i am preoccupied with all this.we have bought blinds for every room in the house cause you can see in our house.i feel as if i am neglecting my daughter .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am sorry but I don't understand. The neighbor is targeting you to pick on? And everybody else says nothing is going on? I am so confused by this whole question please explain further.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Shoot i would talk to them about it or sind the man of the house over to talk. i think that is the best way. LOL or you could dress in all black and pretened to be a ninja just to freak them out!!!! LOL im just kidding. yeah talk to them get it out in the open. Stop pussy footing

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• exactly as you said....my neighbor doesnt like us...her dh is in the army as an intelligence officer...they dont live together.but they are married.she is paranoid.short of it.her daughter beat up my daughter and her son groped my daughter she changed around the story so i looked like it was our fault.she said i said she was having an affair.i didnt...she said i said she was knocking on my daughters window.never said that.basically spreading rumors....somehow she switched around the story so it looked like us who was doing everything.basically she turned the neighborhood against us.i am worried about my daughter cause when her dh came home it was obvious what was going on(he didnt care if we saw him he was going right back)my daughter saw all this,and so did we.(she acted passive agressivly about it)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well next time anything happens with her family doing anything to yours call the police. You can call them now if you think they are actively peeping into your house. Other than that you need to tell them they are being ridiculous and if the neighbors are dumb enough to believe them you don't need their friendship, and neither does your DD.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• we did talk to them....they said nothing is wrong...my dh talked to her dh last time he was home...he blabbed....he said the neighbors were keeping an eye on me.he told my dh everything his wife accused me of.he said his wife wouldnt talk i said i would.so her dh husband comes home again and doesnt say a word to us actually goes right along with her.only to let us believe she is lying once again about us.he is a major in the army .our thoughts are why wouldnt he confront us?my dh is always doing the confronting.the only thing we can think is that hes leaving and going back to texas and he knows it so he really doesnt have to deal with this...we are in mass.the one who is loosing out is my daughter...i am worried..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Honestly, I would move. But I don't like conflict or two faced people who are acting psycho toward me.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I feel like there's some info. missing. Leave the blinds open during the day, so what if the neighbors can see in. Close them in the evening. If they are military people than they are probably leaving soon any way. Just take care of your own family . I hardly say hello to my neighbors.
    Dana42

Answer by Dana42 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• ditto on what Dana above says~some missing info here.
    I will tell you something,I have had my fair share of neighbor problems(so have my parents) I hope its not to late to say this to you. If you get overly involved in someone elses business~I am not saying that it was you or thembut if that happens things can go bad fast.
    I hate neighborhoods for just these reasons. My dh and I have lived rural for almost 7years now and would believe w/as few neighbors as we have we got a rotten one right about a half mile from us. I try very hard to be nice and pleasent but I also keep my drapes closed and am a very private person. We keep to ourselves for the most part and it kept some feeling of peace for us here in our community. Don't move just because of your neighbors. I would write all this off and go about my business. Don't involve your neighbors at all. Go do volunteer work or something.Its not their business what you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2010