has anyone had a toddler, who has a cold, that thinks she is yelling, but really isn't? She was checked a week ago for an ear infection and she doesn't day her ears hurt. She has also been really crabby. Any ideas? Thank you.

She is 3 years old with no chronic medical problems and is generally in a good mood.

lagesse4

Asked by lagesse4 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Put a couple of drops of apple cider vinegar in her ears. Cut out dairy for a few days. Keep her well hydrated (I always make miso soup when someone is sick) and get some elderberry syrup.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• fluid on the ears could cause hearing issues, but not cuase an infection. What about a soar throat? Maybe she's trying to yell but it just isn't coming out that way? My first thought would be the congestion from the cold is causing the fuild to build up in her ears. I have the same issues when I get a bad cold. my ears feel like they need to pop until the pressure is releived and my sinuses drain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Go to an ENT even if the pediatrician had told you all is OK take her-- the pediatricians are not the best for these things ENTs are awesome
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010