how long was LO in a toddler bed?

How long did your LO stay in the toddler bed before transitioning to a bigger one?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• We never used a toddler bed - didn't need the added expense or hassle. We went straight from the crib to a twin bed pushed up against the wall on one side with a rail on the other with all 3 of my kids and plan to do the same with my 4th.

Answer by missanc at 9:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My 4 yr old still sleeps in a toddler bed.We plan on getting him a twin bed in about a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am going to put my DD in a full sized bed when she is 2 we are breaking her crib into a toddler bed until then.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We were the same as missanc, we never had a toddler bed, they both went straight to a twin size bed. DS had a rail and was up against the wall, but with DD we didn't even do that, they were both in big beds by the time they were 2.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My dd was in a toddler bed from the time she was 10 months to the age of almost three. She is now in a twin bed pushed against the wall. It did have a railing, but it was more hassle than it was worth. She hit her head a couple of times trying to crawl over the railing, so we took it off. She hasn't had any problems since.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• from about 18 months until a little before 2 1/2. So, almost a year. We had a twin sized day bed in her room as a guest bed and she decided one day that was where she wanted to sleep, so we got a rail and moved her. The crib transitioned into a toddler bed which was great since she fell out a lot! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Neither one of mine was ever in a toddler bed. They went from the crib to a twin bed with a rail on one side and the other side pushed up against the wall. They were around age 2 when they started sleeping in a bed.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Never used a toddler bed. Went right to a twin size....but it's one of those race car beds so it pretty difficult to fall out of it.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son just turned 3 in October. He'll be moving to a twin bed in February simply because we're getting one for free. His crib switched to a toddler bed by lowering the mattress and taking off one side. It's been a real hassle though because I can't find a side rail to fit and he keeps crawling out almost every night and I can't find blankets big enough to tuck him in.
    Dana42

Answer by Dana42 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• our first we put into a toddler bed at 11 months and she stayed in there until she was maybe 4 she is almost 5 now. My younest we put into a toddler bed at 13 months old took the toddler bed gave it straight to her. Someone gave us a single bed for our oldest it was kinda raggady looking, but it worked until we got her a new bed. We got her a new bed so we ended up giving our youngest her single bed so she was out of a toddler bed at around 19 or 20 months old she wasn't in it as long as our oldest we probably would have kept our oldest in a toddler bed even longer if it wasn't for needing the toddler bed cause she can achually still fit comfertable on it.

I had a lady I use to baby sit for that her son was 6 almost 7 still in a toddler bed
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010