Should I take daily vitamins at the age of 23

Aim20Sam1

Asked by Aim20Sam1 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• If you are even thinking about getting pregnant..absolutely if your diet is less than ideal. Make sure you are getting plnety of folic acid, D and b complex
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• YES!!! Daily vitamins are so important because most foods today do NOT have what the body needs. They have synthetic nutrients or NO nutrients at all. It is extremely important to take a vitamin! Doctors even recommend that a woman of child bearing years takes a prenatal whether they plan on having any children or not.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes, I think its a good idea. I am not disciplined enough to do it. Be warned though that sometimes vitamins come out the same way they go it and don't benefit you at all. I would reccomend getting it in the form of a drink. You can get vitamin powder at gnc that tastes like chocolate milk.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• At the minimum, you should take calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and and (refrigerated) probiotic

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• It usually doesn't hurt to take one. I also take additional Vit D, it helps with fatigue especially if you live where the sun doesn't appear for days at a time.

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Definitely - just make sure you are taking ones that your body is actually able to absorb - its amazing how many national brands are not even absorbable - I was unable to take vitamins - I would always urp them up later - kinda gross! I found a company that has wonderful vitamins - you really notice a difference almost immediately! You can even try them for 90 days - if you don't love them - you will get a full refund - no questions asked!! If you would like more info on where I get my vitamins - please contact me through my cafemom mail.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010