Have you ever taken your child to school on a non-school day?

I did that today and feel kinda silly that I didn't thoroughly read the note sent home. LOL

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 9:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, this morning and I didn't read thee note wrong. Teachers both sent home papers saying "See you on the 4th". The school calendar says school begins the 4th....and then a tiny asterisk that says for teachers only at the bottom of the page. Irritated. Could have slept in, dragged kids out in freezing weather for no reason.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• yep. a couple of years ago....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• LOL!! Not yet but I'm sure I will eventually :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes, a couple of years ago the school changed the 2hr delay to closed on-route to school. Thankfully the principal was outside notifying parents. They now post a sign in the drop-off area.

What's confusing is that there's a snow day program at my son's school, so if you dropped your child off, they could still get into the school w/ no problem/questions from the teachers.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 11:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• No, but I have missed a delay or two and let them stand at the end of the drive waiting for the bus.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• No, i think i have gotten my oldest ready for school and the bus never came to get her. i realized it was a none school day. But both kids go to school today, its still early
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010