having c-section and getting tubes tied and another question

I am pregnant with my 2nd and will be having another c-section and this time i am getting my tubes tied. Dr said that he could tie my tubes after they get the baby out so they do it all and once and sow me up. Just wondering will be more sore than just the soreness from a c-section anyone know?
also with my daughter she was born on her due date by c-section as i am small and can't deliver vaginally. her dr didn't like going over the due date. well this pregnancy and a different dr. i am due June 16th and he said we will schedule my c-section a week before at 39wks thats how he likes to do it. anyone else heard this/been through it? will it be ok?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been through it. It's not really any more sore than it would be with just the c-section. It hurts the same and they still make you get your ass up and walk afterwards while you agonize in pain. LOL. Good luck girl!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I had my tubes tied after my 3rd c-section right after the baby was delivered there is no difference in recovery time as long as you get up and walk shortly after ... I was up and going with all of my c-sections within hrs of the operations....
    Also your concern for the due date ... each dr is different... with my first it was a pre term labor and delivery with my second I went into labor 1 week early... and with my last, they wanted me to wait at least a week before doing the c-section...
    If you are really concerned over the timing of the delivery date, just talk it over with your dr and let him explain to you why he picked that date/time...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• They mostly do it that way (39 weeks) even though there is solid scientific evidenced that they shouldn't.  They just don't want to have you scheduled for Thursday and get a call Tuesday at 2 am that you are in labor.  It is because they are lazy (and like to sleep.)  If you didn't go into labor by 40 weeks last time, you should point that out to your new doctor and tell him you are concerned about prematurity.  Maybe pick a date in the middle you are both comfortable with like 39 wks and 5 days.

My doctor refused to do my tubes during a c-section because that meant getting behind a huge uterus to do the work. My husband got a vasectomy instead. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I had my tubes tied during my c-section in Nov., it was my second c-section. There was no difference in recovery between the two whatsoever. The only difference was that the second one took about 20 min longer, b/c of the tubal ligation.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 10:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am having my tubes tied during my csection in July. My SIL said she could tell a difference - it was her 3rd csection and she said it was more sore, but didn't know if it was because of the tubal or not. If they think there is going to be a problem, they usually schedule the csection at 39 weeks to avoid you going into labor on your own and having to do an emergency csection anyway.

Answer by missanc at 10:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I had a c-section with my first because he was so big and I couldn't deliver him and my blood pressure was going up so the doctor wanted him out early and it was like 9 days early and he was perfect with not one problem! :) i was happy he was out a week early..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2010