Is 2 too young for a child to enjoy Disney World?

I have a 2 year old and an 8 year old! And I'd love to take them while it will be something they will both enjoy. I'm afraid if I wait too long my oldest will think it's "babyish"

Austinsmom35

Asked by Austinsmom35 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everyone I Have spoken to that has taken a 2 year old said they had a great time! Even the shy toddlers get into the magic of it all, even though the won't go near the giant mickey mouse! I'm leary about taking mine at 2, but 2 coworkers took their toddlers and they loved it. Both kids missed naps and were still happy all day and enjoyed the experience. They won't remember it, but you will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• yes they will get overwhelmed and tired quickly and they won't remember the rare experience. I was 6 and don't remember much.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Oh and it is never babyish, I went again at 20 and loved it soooooo much.
    truealaskanmom

• I think it is to much for them. They will not be able to go on some rides, will tired out fast and think they will never remember going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My parents took me when I was a baby and I never remembered it. My brothers were old enough to remember and I wasn't. They never took us back and I'm still resentful that I've never been to Disney World. Not for real anyways :( I did go to disney land when I was 13.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• MHO is yes. I think the best time to go for the first time is between the ages of 5-7. Kids get to experience more rides, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think at 2 they will get tired very quick, fustrated, it is too much going on. Depending on your baby.

I don't think you are ever too young or too old for Disney,

We are going this year, we wanted them all to be at an age where we can go on alot of the rides together, the older ones can go with daddy on the scary ones.

My kids are 6,7,10, and 13.
    My sister went 2 times and she has no kids, and she is in her 40's. You are diffently never too old.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Being an Orlando resident, I've only taken my son. We went last year on his 4th birthday... He had a blast and asks me all the time when we're going back. He was too short to ride many of the rides, but he met alot of the characters. I probably wait until my daughter turns 4 before I take her. Hubby and I had a great time when we took DS though! It really is soooo much fun!
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 10:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think 2 is too young- they can't do much but sit in a stroller and will never remember it. 8 is ok- but still there will probably be things the 8 yr old will want to do but can't due to height restrictions. If they were my kids I would wait until the little one is at least 6 or so and then go...getting older doesn't make it less fun!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Age 4 is good. They get into the magic. I am thinking in your case with an 8 year old also that you should go for the older child. They will remember it and it would be fun for them. The two year old won't remember,and it won't be as much fun, but it will be family time. With the 2 year old a lot of your time will be spent caring for him or her and not enjoying the park yourself. But for the older child, he or she will enjoy it greatly. I'd go for the sake of the 8 year old.

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2010