Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do photographers do this?

I LOVE taking pic's and adding my special touches to them, but I can't figure out how to make my pic's have the softness the pro's have in their pic's. Is there a program that would do this for me? Or is it an expensive type of camera they use?

Answer Question

Asked by 1lilgirl at 10:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 13 (1,351 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • there are several programs. I use adobe photo shop, a little bit to learn but well worth it.

    Answer by Trotterswife at 10:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Photographers use a light meter, professional camera, etc..

    My brother was an awesome photographer. I would ask what else was important for his photography but he passed away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Lighting. It's all lighting.

    Does your flash adjust? Can you turn it off? Flashes are usually horrible.

    Read up on lighting online. there are tons of photography schools that post lectures and things on their websites.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I use photoshop

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • picasa 3 and it's free too adobe is too hard to learn lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I use paint shop pro.

    Answer by viking95 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • There are a variety of ways to get that softened look in your photos. Many will do it with post-processing software. Personally I apply this "softening" effect to photos using Adobe Lightroom and adjust the photos "Clarity"

    Answer by Patty_WAHM at 2:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • photoshop! also, if your flash is too strong (can be harsh on babies), try putting a coffee filter over it to diffuse the light.

    Answer by zoeygracesmom at 9:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.