whats the best way to start a diet

i need to lose about 100 lbs..i have done it before on weight watchers but i just dont have the will power to stick with it..i need some helpful tips that has worked for you...

sharonslove

Asked by sharonslove at 10:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Start out little. Start where ever you want. Start an exercise you want to do. I started out with walking for 15mins and each week or two added more too it till I was at a hour walk 5x a week. Cut portions, that is alway a big thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Try reading some of these articles: http://www.eating-naturally.com/articles/
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have 60lbs to loose and my older sister has lost over 180lbs! One day she said "I'm fixing this." and just started. Any junk food was cut out and everything she put in her mouth was written down and the calories counted. 1300 is a good calorie area to aim for. Instead of thinking about it and wasting more time easing yourself into, just do it. Dont start Sunday 'because itll make it a even week'. Start tonight! Reward yourself every ten lbs. Have 1 cheat day a week or every two weeks (like me) but dont go crazy. <3 good luck!
    Anonymous

• Rid you house of all junk food, sodas, fruit drinks, white products-sugar, flour, white bread white rice. Don't bring any of these foods back into your house. Cut out salt, drink only water. Plan your meals, journalling is a good thing that way you know what you ate when and why. Get moving, walking is a great start. Eat food that is as close as it is to its natural state. Good luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2010