Is there a place that has a machine that can make a certain color of paint off of an object you bring in that is that color?

Someone told me they thought there was a place that had a machine where you could take like a random object that had a color on it you liked and make paint that color?
We're moving into our new house next week and I found the purple I want for my 4 year olds room at Lowe's but I can't find a pink I like for the new babies room anywhere but I have something that has the color on it I would like.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Home Depo will do that!

Answer by older at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Home depot and lowes will both match paint to whatever you bring in, I am sure a regular paint store will do it as well. I know home depot does it I have taken things in before and they matched it perfectly.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• most paint places have one - including Lowe's, just ask at the paint store if they are willing to mix it for you. I get it done at Sherwin Williams all the time because I think they do a better job of matching, but that's just my personal preference.

Answer by missanc at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Sherwood Williams, Lowes.

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well I guess our Lowe's doesn't do it bc my cousin works there and I asked and she said they didn't do it bc she remembers other ppl coming in and asking about it. I was going to try and get all my paint at Lowe's bc if my cousin gets it for me then she can use her discount.
    We have a Home Depot in a neighboring town and a Sherwin Williams here in my town so I'll check those places. Thanks :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Home Deopot and Lowes
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Home Depot, Lowes, and Sherwin Williams.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• any paint store has that capability now the object has to be bigger than a quarter though good luck! i feel your pain wanting everything perfect
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010