What color would you paint your kitchen?

If you have medium dark cabinets (almost like a dark caramel) and stainless steel color stove & vent, refridgerator and dishwasher and small appliances (blk/s.s)

I'd personally would like to paint the walls a soft yellow and paint the cabinets white but what can I do as of now...for now to make it look even nice. Because there is no telling WHEN will I get to doing the painting so for the mean time...what?

Thank you ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sunny Yellow Color or a Orange(a lite cafe au late too) color would be really pretty. Your best bet is probably going to a paint store and getting the paper samples kinda annoying but there is so many different variations of yellow and orange I also would leave the cabinets the caramel color too just my opinion though. =)
    Anonymous

• I would leave the cabinets the color they are, unless they're hideous. Maybe some others have had some different experiences, but sanding down our cabinetry, and painting it with 2 or 3 coats took absolutely FOREVER and was a total pain in the neck. And the paint rubs off around the handles over time too. Our cabinets really were butt ugly and we didn't have much choice, but if you can live with yours, I would leave them.
    As far as the walls go, if you leave the cabinets dark, I would go with a lighter color too, like a cream, sand, or taupe shade. Then you can use accents for little pops of color and those can be changed when you get bored. I made the mistake of painting my kitchen a cranberry red, which made it look smaller, and got old very quickly. After about 2 years, I repainted it a light sage green and like it so much better now. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Stick with something light since your cabinets are dark/medium. I have white cabinets and a beige/ligh brownish colored wall. With red small appliances and dark hardwood floors. Look at all the things you have in your room including furniture and try to think of a theme you want to go with. That can help you come up suitable colors for your kitchen space.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2010