The name Rebecca/Becca? Do you like it? Is it common?

Hi, i'm sorry i've been posting a lot of name questions lately. I appreciate your input though :)

Do you think the name Rebecca is very common? I just looked on baby name voyager and it's about 700 per million compared to 100 per million for my son's name Franklin ;) lol

What do you think of the name? And the nickname Becca? does it bring up and really weird associations? I think that's the best reason to ask others about their opinions on names in case there is some super famous horrible person named Rebecca that I'm not thinking of.

I've always liked Becca but my sister liked it too and wanted to name her daughter that but now i think she's changed her mind. She is older than me but not married. Rebecca is my Grandmother's name as well, and i lived with my grandparents for 2 years so i'm very close to them :)

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i like the name becca and rebecca...in a movie the other day the girls name was rebecca and her friends called her beccs and i thought it was soo cute...i can only recall one rebecca that i went to school with so it may not be all that common..good luck and happy name hunting to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I love the name Rebecca. My daughters name is Rebekah. I choose the biblical spelling to be diffrent. if you like it and since it was your grandmothers name you should carry it on. My husband and I try to incorperate a family members name into our childrens middle names to give honor to that person.
    shelleycox17

Answer by shelleycox17 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Ive know a few girls named Rebecca, they all went by Becca for short.
    I like the name.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• That's the name I have chosen for my child that's due in July, if she's a girl. I love it!

Answer by missanc at 12:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i have a Rebecca and we love her name. It has not turned into Becca or Becky. It is just Rebecca. She has not met another Rebecca yet. My other daughter , Jessica, has met a few other Jessica's. I never thought it was that common. Who knew?
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have a 7 yr old little sister names Rebecca and and we all call her Becca or Bec.
    I think it's a cute name and it isn't too common.
    If it's a family name and you like it then I would use it. I'm weird about not liking certain names because of name association too, but I can't think of any famous horrible ppl with the name Rebecca.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010