maybe I shouldn't have bought a video baby monitor...

up till now, I thought my son took a nice hour and a half nap in the morning, but now that I can see him on the baby monitor, I see him stand for 20 minutes at least! I thought he was sleeping this entire time!! But then, I didn't go get him since he seems fine and happy playing on his own. But I could have sworn he was sleeping. I didn't hear anything... or could it just be a strange timing with the camera purchase?
and...do you try to follow a nap schedule or wait till he's yawning and showing signs of tiredness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard getting one of those will drive people crazier than make things better... When I put my son down at night for bed ( he is 2 and just put in a twin bed ) I won't heard him make a peep while listening to the monitor for up to 30 minutes then he'll start talking...or crying for me or wanting something, so he has to be in there playing quietly... but it would make me crazy to watch him... I would want to go in there almost every minute!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• As long as he's not overtired I wouldn't worry about it. I put my son down when he shows his own signs of being tired. Sometimes he doesn't fall asleep for a bit but rather just hangs out relaxing. Others he goes right to sleep. The important thing is that he gets the down time even if it's not all spent sleeping.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I stick to a pretty strict routine, but it's one that follows my son's cues. When he was showing signs of not needing two naps, we dropped down to one and changed our schedule. But we do the same things at the same times every day.

Answer by missanc at 12:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010