Do you ever swear infront of your kids?? Or even at your kids??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I might swear like a sailor when I'm typing but I manage to have enough willpower to not say in front of my kids- EVER.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• sometimes a word may slip out when i'm driving..or he may hear me if i'm talking on the phone...but i would NEVER swear at him. I know people who do and seen people do it...and went through it when i was a child.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• No, no, no way... My husband said, "Dammit!" in front of DD one time while watching a football game, and I was so upset! I just don't feel as though kids should learn those words when they can be learning skills and vocabulary that will actually help them develop in a positive way. If someone is swearing AT their children, it would probably be a good idea to look into some anger management counseling. JMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• but just think...if they dont hear the words from your mouth they will eventually hear them from the potty mouth at school and think its okay to say..atleast you can teach them its not nice to say it and it was an accident and that they dont need to repeat it EVER...so when they do hear it they know its wrong (my son corrects me sometimes..not often..but when he hears it)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I swear all the time. My kids are smart enough to understand that cuss words are for adults only. We teach them that no words are bad words, but some words are reserved for adults only, because society will have a cow if they cuss.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have let one slip a time or two.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think modeling the type of behavior that you expect from your children is good parenting. :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think I've let damn slip out once or twice but that was an isolated thing. Most things can be taught by example rather than "do as I say not as I do" If my son hears a word on tv or elsewhere that is inappropriate I just tell him that it's not a nice word to say and he is just fine with it and won't say it again (especially since they are not words that mom or dad use)
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I swear all the time and so does my husband. We will do whatever we want in our house PLUS my kids are smart enough to not repeat it any where at all. It doesnt matter because once your older your going to hear the F word or any other word any where you go, people talking in public streets, schools, the mall, market, tv. Even cartoons i think called Animal barn or some thing like that says the word Stupid, idiot and dumb a lot.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I swear in front of my son, but only if I'm angry and it slips
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010