Transgender

Are there any other transgender individuals on here? I have some people on here who have transgender spouses that I can talk to but it isn't the same. And I have some transgender friends from another website but they aren't parents. Being a parent and transgender presents different problems that I would like to discuss with others but I have no one. Am I alone here?

I posted this as a journal entry too in hopes of finding someone to talk to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My sisters ex husband is transgender and it has been very difficult on her and the kids. He had a sex change and the kids have really suffered at school and everywhere because of it. He didn't care said the kids needed to suck it up and let him be who he is. I still call him George and won't call him Tina. I have nothing against gay people or transgender just think once kids are involved the parent needs to put the childs needs above their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• How old were the kids? I ask only because I have heard of some (been reading stories and talking to spouses and stuff) kids taking it rather well. It just depends on their age. But so you also think that a parent should live with being miserable and hating themselves just because they have kids now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• So, you use to be a guy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• No. I was born female but am thinking/considering becoming male to an extent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Wow. Is this feeling of wanting to be a man beyond your control? I guess good luck and hopefully this feeling will pass. Your kids need their mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I've had this feeling for over 10 years now. Don't think it is going to pass. And my kids will still have me as a parent, I just may not be called mommy anymore.
    Anonymous

• What will they call you?
    Anonymous

• Dunno. It will be up to them what they wish to call me.
    Anonymous