Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I find a doctor that takes medicaid?

I'm looking for a general practitioner and live in South Florida. this has been a nightmare. any help would be great.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

Answers (5)
  • Contact the number onthe back of your medicad card. They will provide you with approved drs.

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I don't have my card yet, just the temporary one I printed off the internet. I need to go soon thank you though

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Go to the website and call the medicaid number, but normally the doc won't see you until you get the actual card. But call and find out who you can go to and ask the doc that you chose because I could be wrong about the actual card thing... Good Luck.

    Answer by Shyma at 11:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Can you contact the office where you got the card? I found this I Hope it helps


    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Usually Medicaid assigns you to a primary care provider. Here is the Florida Medicaid site.

    Answer by Gailll at 12:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.