Why do you think Al Gore won't debate Lord Monckton on global warming?

Reportedly, three out of four Americans "believe in" the anthropogenic climate change that Gore espouses.

If the facts are on his side, what do you think Gore is afraid of here? Why does he continue to refuse to debate? Doesn't the world deserve to hear the facts on this subject?

"The truth is the truth is the truth no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people tell the lies and no matter how important the people who tell the lies perceive themselves to be."

Lord Monckton

diospira

Asked by diospira at 11:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• diospira

Answer by diospira at 11:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because it would be professional suicide....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Al Gore won't debate because he knows his lies won't stand up to someone who knows what they are talking about and has the facts to dispute his myths.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well, every time he speaks, he lies, or "misinforms". Even global warming scientists doubt his veracity. His speech in Copenhagen was full of "erroneous date".

"Gore’s speech yesterday was attacked for the lie and the erroneous data it contained, proving once again that facts have no place at Copenhagen the COP15 web site relays his message of fear as the truth."

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree.
    The truth is indeed inconvenient for Gore here.

I am wondering what the believers, who are supposedly in the majority, think about this one, and whether they see it as a red flag.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 12:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because Lord Monckton is a joke, and "debating" him would be recognizing him as a legitimate/intellectual political foe.

Have you seen Gore debate any one since he ran for President?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree with Carpy.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree with SRiveroc......
    But, we shall see.....it all depends on who the source is.....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Have you seen Gore debate any one since he ran for President?

Good point.  I haven't seen him debate anyone.  But I have seen him work really hard on pushing his agenda to make himself a billionaire.  I have also seen him condescend to those who dare question him.  I find him terribly arrogant and am so glad we didn't get stuck with his narcissism for even one presidential term.  I don't like Bush, but I really don't like Gore. 

Anonymous