For moms who co-sleep~

how long did you do it for? How hard was it to transition baby to the crib? My dd sleeps with me now and then and I am considering co-sleeping for a while. She's 8 months old and not a good sleeper (in her crib). We both get so much more rest when we're in the same bed....do you think it's a bad idea to start co-sleeping at this older age for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not at all.

you don't like to sleep alone in a big cold bed do you? well, neither does she.

mine slept with me until they were about 2. no problems putting them in their big kid beds, they have never been left to cry, or felt alone, so if they call they know i am close. it was never an issue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We coslept until our daughter was around 14 months, and sleeping through the night on a fairly regular basis.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I co-slept with all 3 of my children and we never used a crib. I think cribs are just too dangerous. My two oldest were around 3 and they moved to twin beds. My youngest started sleeping in a double bed when he was 2 with his oldest brother who was 10. We were living in a 2 bedroom apartment and we has a loft bed with a double bed on the bottom so all 3 boys fit in the one room. I was a grad student and we were living in university family housing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son co-slept for about 3 years (usually starting the night in his crib or toddler bed, which were in my room) then coming to bed with me for the rest of the night when he woke up. When we moved, he got his own room, so I moved him in there and he did FINE! He hasnt slept with me since, which makes me more sad that him I think lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• my first son was done co sleeping at 6 months, my second at about 2 yrs, my 3rd and 4th at 15 months. All of the transitions were easy, no problems. I kind of followed their readiness for it. at some point they seemed to need their own space.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• THere are pros and cons to co-sleeping as well as having your child in her own bed. Do what feels right for you and your family:)
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 11:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010