Catholic Wedding. Help! PIOG

I am Baptist but my fiance is Catholic. I want to have a Catholic wedding because I know that is what he wants. But I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. We have a daughter already which I'm not sure will be a problem or not. Can someone help me?

Thanks. =]

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• btw. i think it is great that you are doing that for your husband :)
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 1:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• attend a few catholic services.... and speak with a priest. usually the rules vary from church to church. but im sure that they will appreciate your husbands wish to have a catholic ceremony. prepare for a lot of kneeling and standing lol. and most catholic churches only allow modest dress. ie. no shoulders.... or cleavage
    IGotLuckyInKy

• I'm Catholic my husband is not. We also had two children prior to being married, that I did have baptised in the church. The church will require you to take their pre-marital classes. You take a test on your personal values and beliefs, then meet with the priest regularly to go through your answers (that's what we did). You do not have to convert, but you do have promise that you're children will be brought up catholic. There are small fee's to the priest. In our church we could not have weddings after 2pm on Saturdays because of mass. I'm not so sure about the modest attire, I had cleavage and a low cut back on my dress, no issues with this. There are rules about what can be placed around the alter I think.
    Talk to the priest of the church you're considering - they can definitely provide you with more info.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010