What's the best time of day to have a 4 year old bday party?

I'm thinking 11am for a morning party, then lunch has to be considered if the party is about 1 to 1 1/2 hours long. My husband wants to make cheeseburgers on the grill, but I want to do finger foods. I guess his idea would be better if we are doing a party close to lunchtime. I am also considering an afternoon party, then we could do finger foods, but I don't want to interrupt anyone's supper. Please help.

myfirstloves

Asked by myfirstloves at 12:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think right before dinner time would be good. I don't know if your child takes a nap every day but some do, and so some kids had their nap, so maybe they would be less grumpy and easier to work with. Plus have the kids run around and play a hour or so before dinner and they will be starving. My kids always eat better at dinner time rather than at lunch. Just tell the parents ahead of time what time your having it so they can fit it in their schedule. But I agree i think hot dogs would be best too, most kids love hot dogs...or just have both.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 12:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I've found that parties from 11-1 or 2 are easiest time to manage the kids and serve hotdogs, fruit and veggies and other munchies.

cheeseburgers are an iffy food for little kids....some love them and others don't.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would say 1 to 3. that way you can assemble the last minute things you may have forgotten to do or get before their big day, Kids get a little too excited and may plan to go to bed a little early the night before to hound you on what you gon do the big day. This will give you a chance to take a nice nap and make sure everything is in place. You can make it like a little gathering in the backyard due to reseving placex can tend to be pricy and thing can ge ugly when you have to leave. You can order pizza have chips hot dog somethin simple. Think of it as what would I bring to a cook out. You'll have hours for them to run around til around 9 till they get tired. that way the parents can kind of thank you too. try not to have soda may b some kool-aide otr juice boxes so they aren't really climbing the walls. drink low in sugar.
    Lele1987

Answer by Lele1987 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• 11 is perfect. That's seems to be the best time of day for moods. u get to around 1 and some kids start getting tired and cranky
    Anonymous