shoes or no? not sure where to post this

ok this is going to be a random type question but i wanted to see what all you mamas thought....please dont bash me its just a question....

ok i have always put shoes on my kids, from the time they are babies, sandals if it was cold, warmer shoes if it was cold, but i was talking to my neighbor and when she had her daughter i got her an outfit for the baby and a pair of shoes to go with it, she told me she would never ever put shoes on a baby, which was fine with me, but i just wondered how many of you put shoes on their kids when they were babies..

and no im not judging her for not putting shoes on her, its just something that i did and she doesnt do i just was curious how everyone else felt about it...

Susie

MamaSusieQ045

Asked by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I put shoes on babies:) They are so cute!
    Plus it is nice to have them learn to walk with the shoes right off the bat LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I always put shoes on my little boy when we went out of the house to go somewhere. They were just the little softy shoes but he still had shoes on. That's just me though.
    Plus-size-mommy

Answer by Plus-size-mommy at 12:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think that it is a totally personal decision...when it was warm I did not put shoes on my baby, now that it is cold her little tootsies are always covered...socks..slippers...baby UGG Boots, it does not matter what I put on her feet though she will find a way to get them off !

Also, if it is an "outfit" def. have to have matching shoes :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't put shoes on a baby until he was walking. The reason being is that:
    1. Their feet are growing really fast in those first few months. Their feet shouldn't be confined to shoes until they actually need them. That way their feet can grow properly.
    2. I find it too awkward to hold a new born with shoes on them.

Slippers, or some sort of booties are fine, but not shoes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• im guilty... im a shoe addict, so i kinda passed that onto my kids... I didnt start putting shoes on them until about 3months though and it was only if we were out and about, other times i had the little booties on them.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• haha! i always put shoes on my kids when we went out, i wouldnt want naked feet when im going out lol
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• nope- no shoes here. not until they were running around outside and needed protection.

babies who do not wear shoes walk earlier, and develop fine tuned coordination much earlier.

putting shoes on an infant is unwise for several reasons, but mainly the fact that their bones have not solidified, and any confinement can alter their bone structure. unless a baby is walking outside, they never, ever need shoes.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• no shoes for mine either until they were walking around outside and needed the protection.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Every time my daughter has left the house since birth, she has had shoes on. So, you're not alone.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I hate shoes...I don't wear them unless I have to..so I say no. I didn't put shoes on my kids when they were babies. Even when my son started walking I didn't put him in the classic 'baby walking' shoe. I made him some leather moccasins to protect his feet from the heat on the sidewalk. People told me I'd ruin his feet...he's almost 25 and seems to be doing just fine.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010