pot roast recipe

i need a pot roast recipe...

my daughter loves pot roast made in the crock pot with veggies and potato etc...

any good recipes?

Susie

MamaSusieQ045

Asked by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i make mine in the crockpot as well, it always comes out sooo juicy and tender. i put beef or chicken broth instead of water, and also don't drain any of the canned stuff i add in for more juices. i'll add fresh sliced potatoes and carrots, a can or 2 of diced tomatoes, peas, a chopped onion, and then my seasonings are usually a dash of paprika, garlic powder (or sometimes a tsp of minced garlic), s & p, just whatever i feel like adding to spice it up a little.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Water, Roast, onion, garlic, seasoning. Cook on high half the day, on low the rest of the day. You can use the broth/water as gravy.  Just mix cornstarch with some milk, And poor and stir.

Answer by louise2 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I always make my pot roast the way my mom did, with dry onion soup mix sprinkled on top and a little water (well, she usually made it in the oven but I use the slow cooker). Sometimes I add veggies (always fresh) but sometimes just the meat and soup mix. Simple and so yummy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I cut tiny slits all over my roast and put sliced garlic cloves in the slits then I salt and pepper the roast. I sear the roast in a pan till it is a nice browned color. I put it in the crockpot with a cup of beef stock and a cup of red wine. I add 2 chopped onions, rosemary, thyme, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper. I let it slow cook all day never opening the pot once. I roast veggies(potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, celery and green beans) in the oven to serve with the roast and use the pan juices to make a gravy. We have a spinach salad and homebaked wheat rolls with it.

My kids and husband devour the roast it is perfectly tender and full of flavor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• anon 9:50 again make sure to use a good red wine the cooking red wine is not very good. A nice glass of the same wine is great with the meal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I make it by layering potatoes and carrots on the bottom, topping them with the roast, sprinkling powdered brown gravy mix, powdered Italian dressing mix, and powdered ranch dressing mix over roast and veggies, then adding about 2 cups of water. It's so good.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010