Mirena? Anyone have it? How do you feel about it?

I am going to get the mirena birth control put in on Thursday and I was just wondering what other people who had it thought about it? Was it very painful? Could your partner feel it during sex? Would you get it again if you had to do it over or would have you went with another option?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• I wanted to get it but my doctor told me that its not a good idea for me because i have ovarian cysts and the mirena IUD can cause them. So she didnt want mine to get worse and rupture. From friends that i know that have it they love it.
    Anonymous

• I had it for a year and a half. It was not painful when I got it, and no my hubby could not feel it. I would not get it again though if I had the choice. I had a lot of issues with it, that some people had, some people didn't. I gained 25 lbs while on it, was very depressed, lost my temper easily and had no sex drive. Within a week of getting it removed everything disappeared (well except the weight, I am working on that, but I knew it wouldn't come off right away!)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i love mine!!! No periods, no pms, no nothing! i cramped a little the first 2 days and spotted. That was it. I'm getting it forever and ever!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have had mine for almost 2 years. Right after I got it my hubby said he could kinda feel it. I didn't think anything of it considering that if you are doing a self check you should feel it. I have not had a period. The first couple of days that I got it I cramped a little. Now being almost 2 years later for the past 2 months I get period symptoms but no blood. IDK it could be stress and totally not related to it. After I get it taken out I plan on getting another one.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I had the Mirena for two years and would NEVER get it again. After the three months of bleeding finally stopped, I actually liked it for a while. Then I started developing ovarian cysts, terrible pelvic pain, breast pain, and horrible acne. When I finally had the good sense to have it removed, it took a good year for me to get back to normal. I had all kinds of hormonal problems that I never had prior to getting the Mirena, and suffered a miscarriage when I tried to get pregnant after it was removed. I feel certain it was the lasting effects of the Mirena. Just google out Mirena Stories for others stories similar to mine. I feel like doctors don't give you all the facts before getting this device, so you have to do your own research.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010