Who was the target?

At least two officers were wounded Monday when a gunman opened fire in the lobby of a federal building in downtown Las Vegas, authorities said. The gunman reportedly was killed.

The U.S. Marshals Service says the victims included a deputy U.S. marshal and a court security officer. FBI Special Agent Joseph Dickey says the gunman died shortly after the shootout that happened around 8 a.m.

Police and federal agents swarmed the multi-story building that houses federal courts and offices for officials including U.S. Sens. Harry Reid and John Ensign.

The conditions of the officers and the identity of the shooter were not immediately known. Officials had initially said that both of the victims were marshals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• THis is the first I have heard of it and I live in Vegas.
    Who says there had to be a target? Who says it wasnt just a nut job?
    Since it happened in a federal building then odds are you wont really ever find out.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Who says there had to be a target? Who says it wasnt just a nut job?

as in ft hood? no specific target just a nut

Anonymous

• What does ft hood have to do with what I said?
    Yes he was nuts there too, Geeze
    Quite digging for something you wont find it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well a good indication of motive is the fact threats to federal judges and other court personnel have increased dramatically in the past six years, growing from 592 in 2003 to 1,278 in 2008.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Who knows??

Could be another I'm and at the government in general type of nuts or someone who had to stand in one of them courts and thinks he was wronged....I wonder if he left a note to explain his crazy rampage

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010